Originally bought in 1924 as a War Surplus item, having been used as an army hut at Richborough , the Old Parish Hut has been on its current site ever since. In 1977 a new charity was formed, the hall was modernised and renamed St Peters Memorial Hall. In 2017, the charity was changed to a Charitable Incorporated Organisation, number 1175949, and further modernisation is ongoing.
"A village hall for the use of the inhabitants of the ecclesiastical parishes of Broadstairs, Holy Trinity and St Peter the Apostle in Thanet without distinction of political, religious or other opinions, including use for meetings, lectures and classes, and for other forms of recreation and leisure-time occupation with the object of improving the conditions of life for the said inhabitants."
The hall is divided into a main hall (150 max), small hall (50 max), kitchen and a Meeting Room (12). There are linked doors between the main and small hall to increase the usage of the space. The hall can be hired as individual sections or as a whole for any length of time (from 8am – 11pm. 7 days a week).
Discounts apply for long term hire. The hall is wheelchair accessible.
The car park holds 5 cars to allow fire exits (indicated by yellow lines painted on ground), but there is a large free car park by the Church in Hopeville Avenue. The hall is hired out for a variety of uses such as:
Unfortunately due to previous problems, we cannot hire the hall for celebrations for anyone over 11 or under 60.